Sunday 25 September 2011

The Best Lemon Drizzle Cake


I had a craving for lemon drizzle cake; I always seem to have cravings for foods which I eat recently straight after I eat them. My friend had made lemon drizzle and this had me thinking about it until I eventually got around to making it myself. I just browsed the net for a recipe and I came across this recipe from 'Really Nice Recipes'. The cake came out of the oven having risen really well and also with a perfect golden colour to it. Once I added the lemon syrup the cake was sooo moist that It was actually falling apart whilst I cut it. The next time I make it I would add more of the lemon 'drizzle' as I do like my cake moist and I found that the outer edges were more moist than the middle as I poured the drizzle on top of the cake so it only managed to make it into the edges; pierce more holes into the cake for the drizzle to flow into the centre. All in all this cake was devoured rather quickly and I would definitely make it again. 


A post from Fullest of Life



No comments:

Post a Comment