Sunday 30 October 2011

Spiced Chocolate Pumpkin Brownies





Trick or treat?

Treat: Chocolate brownies

Trick: There's pumpkin too!

After I had made pumpkin pie which only used 1 pumpkin, I still had a lot of pumpkin left over. Therefore I decided to make pumpkin brownies. I used a recipe from Allrecipes as it had good ratings and seemed quite easy to do. These brownies were loved by everyone that ate them as I think they are something different to the normal 'chocolate brownie' and are perfect for this time of year. I have to say that chocolate and pumpkin work really well together and in this recipe you have to add the ground spices as it just won't have that 'umph' without them. If I were to make this recipe again I would substitute real melted chocolate instead of the cocoa powder to give it a richer and moister brownie. Also I would replace some of the white sugar with brown sugar or muscovado sugar as this intensifies the flavour. This was the first time that I used the marbling technique, and was surprised at how easy it is. It basically involved layering two different mixtures then simply swirling the tires with a knife; expect some more marbled cake posts in the future. If you have any pumpkin that needs using up these brownies are ideal, and you can trust me when I say they will all be gone very soon.

 

All in all if you have pumpkin that needs using up and want 

Source: Allrecipes


A post from Fullest of Life

No comments:

Post a Comment